'The Whole Autism Family' was born to offer help, support and guidance to families who are impacted by autism.
As a family we had to battle for Tolan to get his diagnosis, and we are still battling to obtain a diagnosis for Fredi. Through this time we received very little support, and quickly became isolated, we therefore set up 'The Whole Autism Family' as we didn’t want other families to be in the same position.
Autism has had a massive impact on everyone within our family and we believe its important that everyone has access to the support network we provide, whether it be parents, carers, grandparents, aunts, uncles and siblings.
You don’t need to have a diagnosis for your child as we found we needed help long before Tolan received his diagnosis.
We aim to offer the following through our charity…
- Provision of a support network for parents, carers, siblings and other individuals affected by autism.
- To hold regular informal meetings providing an environment where all family members can come together to share experiences, develop without judgement, along with the opportunity to develop a support network.
- To have monthly professional guests, from a range of different services, including health care professionals, other charities and individuals to promote health and well being.
- Raise awareness of autism, including the impact autism has on family life.
- Promote increased awareness of autistic spectrum disorder within the community. We aim to publish a quarterly newsletter so the wider community is aware of the latest news within autism, updates and events that are taking place
- Involve local community in raising awareness by encouraging them to attend social events.